Guests have access to the adjacent 600 acre Melbury Estate and Deer Park, and we will be delighted to provide Wellington boots in all sizes as well as maps of the best walks and jogging routes. If you’d like, we’ll provide a picnic for you to enjoy among the scenic landscapes, while for the artist in you, we can provide paints, brushes and easels with which to capture the moment as your special personal keepsake of your time with us.
A little further afield is the World Heritage Coastline which includes some of England’s best beaches, snug coves and sheltered bays, among them the world-renowned Chesil Beach. Around 45 minutes away by car, we’ll be delighted to make all the arrangements for a day trip, including transportation and refreshments.
Within the Dorset countryside there are many outdoor activities to enjoy such as cycling, horse-riding, country walks, fishing, while for those interested in arts and crafts, needlecraft and antiques, this is an area that abounds in specialist shops and suppliers.
Among the activities we can arrange are:
- Personalised sightseeing tours
- Shooting/hunting parties
- Horse riding - local stables 10 miles away
- Horseracing - Wincanton 30 miles away
- Day trip to the Channel Islands - 22 miles to Weymouth plus a 2 hour ferry trip
- Day trip to France - 22 miles to Weymouth plus a 3 hour ferry trip
- Ten Pin Bowling
- Watersports - all based in Weymouth, 35 minutes drive including fly fishing, sea fishing, water skiing, scuba diving, sailing, windsurfing, surfing