Beatrice Tollman's Homemade Cheesecake.
- 600g of ground digestive biscuits
- 190g of melted butter
- 675g soft full fat cheese
- 225g crème fraiche
- 175g of sugar split in 2 parts
- 3 eggs
- Vanilla paste
- 500g of crème fraiche
- 50g sugar
- Mix the biscuits and the butter together.
- Put the mixture into a mould and pressure it all around the mould.
- Let this mould set in the fridge.
- Mix the full fat cheese, crème fraiche, half of the sugar, the 3 egg yolks and the vanilla paste until is a soft mixture.
- Whip the egg whites and the rest of the sugar until is a thick meringue.
- Then add this to the cheese mix.
- Bake in a bain-marie at 160ºC for one hour.
- Turn off the oven and let the cheesecake cool for one hour.
- Place in the fridge for at least 12 hours to set, prior to presenting and cutting.